Monday, April 07, 2008

Fever went up higher!

After I came back from KKH Children's Emergency, my fever went down to 38.1 degrees. However, at around 7.30pm I started to feel very sick and told Mummy I want to lie down. Mummy measured my temperature and found out that it went up to 39.9 degrees and I was shivering and talking some nonesense. Ah Ma and Mummy got worried and brought me to the nearby GP again. The queue was super long and Mummy requested the doctor to attend to me 1st but the nurse said NO. Everybody has to queue even though if u are having high fever and they will just put medicine for u for the time being! *@#$%^&* Mummy was so pissed and wanted to bring me to another clinic but all the clinic were closed!!! Meanwhile, she called the KKH Children Emergency number but it always went to the automated message! *@#$%^&* Finally when Mummy got through the number, the nurse gave a not very helpful answer "Continue taking the medicine as per the doctor's instruction and keep on sponging your children. Monitor again and if the fever still continues then send her in again!"

Finally, it's my turn come 9.30pm and the doctor inserted a pill into my buttock and gave me Tamiflu anitbotics and running nose medicine. Wow, the bill is not cheap leh! All these came up to $80 and plus the KKH bill of $75 in the morning, I have spent Mummy and Papa $155 in just one day alone seeing the doctors!

No comments: