Friday, September 20, 2013

Finally a trip to Bangkok without the Kids...Day 1

Add caption




Finally a trip where I can shop, eat and massage in peace just like year backs when I tag along SH's business trips.

Booked a Sat late evening flight so that I can ferry Shaine to her class and minimize mom's inconvenience.

SH has never tried the airport rail link so we lug our luggage and took the airport mrt to Phaya Thai and from there took a cab to Courtyard by Marriot. There was a metered taxi counter on the ground level of Phaya Thai BUT after we got up the taxi, the sickening cabbie quoted us 200 baht.  I told the cabbie if 200 baht I might as well take cab from airport.  Then he said 150 baht.  I told him no and will only settle for metered.  Then half way thr the journey, he drama mama.  He stopped the cab and took out our luggage.  SH got scared and said give him 100 baht then he put the luggage back.  They are many cheater cabbie in BKK but there are also many nice and honest cabbie around.  I would have volunteered to give him extra and more tips if he had on the metered and send us to our destination without playing games



 I love this mirror in Courtyard by Marriot Toilet.  It has mirror on both side and it's very good to do makeup when another person is using the toilet. 

By the time we settle down, it's almost 11pm BKK time.   Walked to Big C and bought lele's fav "Hi Chew".



 


 That's all for Day 1.


No comments: