Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mummy, I want to go Bangkok!

I'm finally back from Bangkok. Our flight touched down at Changi Airport ard 10.30pm on Tuesday night.

7 November 2007

Our Airasia flight to Bangkok was re-timed from 20:40 to 21:40. The plane only departed around 22:15 and when we finally reached Bangkok airport, it was already bangkok time 11:30pm in the night. After taking the luggage and taking a taxi to our hotel(Baiyoke Sky Hotel), I can't remember what time was it but almost near 1am Bangkok time. Mummy changed me into pyjamas and we knock out. I shared the room with Mummy, Daddy and Ah Gong. While Ah ma and Mi Ma and Ma Ma Ding Ding shared the other room. We were given another free upgrade from Junior Suite to Superior Suite. The room was BIG! It has a separate living room and dinning corner and a BIG bathroom which is twice the size of normal hotel bathroom.


8 November 2007

Our 1st stop in Bangkok is Erawan Shrine. Ah Ma says just go pray pray 1st before we go anywhere else.

Next we went to Sampeng Market(Chinatown) for shopping, bird nest and shark fins. Sampeng Market is hot and stuffy and the adults didn't bring my pram along. I kept requesting Ah Ma to carry me till Ah Ma really cannot take it. So the adults decided to go for lunch at Hai Wan Tian and ask Ah Gong and Pa Pa bring me back to hotel to sleep while the other 4 women continued shopping in Sampeng Market. Ah Ma bought lots of fish maw & shark fins while Mummy bought lots of hair accessories for me. Hehehe...


Gong Gong & Pa Pa taking me back to hotel in the taxi.

In the evening, we wanted to have dinner at Shabushi but the waiting time is 1 hr and decided to give it a miss and had our 1st dinner in Central World Food loft instead. Outside Central World, there is a big open space where lots of people were sitting there drinking Singha beer. We joined the crowd too but Mummy and I cannot drink beer. I had cold cold milk and sushi instead.


I had sushi for dinner while the adults(except mummy) are drinking Singha beer and eating cockles and the grilled fished coated with salt.

9 November 2007

This day is reserved for me as there would not be any shopping. Haha... We went to Dream World while the other 4 adults went to White Dragon King Palace to pray pray. The mini van came to pick us up at 9am from the hotel and went to Grand Diamond Hotel to pick up another family who is also from Singapore with a little gal. We reached Dream World around 10.30am and was given till 3.30pm to explore the place before the mini van bring us back to our hotel. The little gal Ah Ma chatted with Mummy and asked how old I was. Mummy told her that I'm going to be 3 end of November. That Ah Ma said his granddaughter is going to be 3 soon too and her birthday is on 23 November! Bingo! We are born on the same year, same month and same day. And the best thing is we are born in the same hospital too but that little gal is jie jie cos she was born around 9+am while I was born at 1+pm. I had fun riding on the different rides in Dream World and tried riding on a the boat myself for the 1st time. Dinner was settled at the 78th floor Baiyoke Sky Restaurant. The view is wonderful and spread is good too.

10 November 2007

Today, we will be going to the "natural oven"=(Chatuchak Market). We manage to get a big taxi and squeeze in all the 6 adults and me! Had our breakfast in Chatuchak market, walked around for 2 hrs and we proceed to Aw Taw Kaw Market which is opposite Chatuchak market. There were lots of fruits in the market and lunch was settled there. Our next stop was MBK where the 3 woman(Ah Ma, Mi Ma and Ma Ma Ding Ding) went crazy buying bras! And I met my friend(the jie jie born on the same year same month and same day). Such an coincidence!

The plan for the night is Chao Phraya River Cruise by Loy Nova. It was quite an experience and I simply love the vegetable soup served!

11 November 2007

It's a day specially reserved for me again! Mummy, Pa Pa, Ah Gong and I went to Siam Ocean World in Siam Paragon. The ticket is expensive! Luckily I don't have to pay for admission. The 3 adults have to pay 750 baht each which is around S$33 each. We saw lots of different fishes, took the glass bottom boat ride, watched the otter, fresh water fishes and penguin feeding show and finally ended the trip with a 4D motion movie. I got so scared when the astronaut came so close to me that I removed the glasses provided.

After Siam Paragon, we went to Central Chitlom. Umm... where are the other 3 woman? They are all shopping at Platinum Mall, the whole day but we finally met each other at Central World Plaza MK Restaurant for dinner. The whole gang went back hotel and left me and Mummy in the hotel room while they went for Thai massage!

12 November 2007

This is the day when Mummy will go crazy buying clothing for me and baby! Hehehe... We are heading to Bo Bae Tower. Mummy pocket was almost empty when we left Bo Bae Tower. She bought 9pcs of Laura Ashley dresses(4 are for twins jie jie) while the other 4 is for me and another 2 is for Mummy's friends.

Finally, mummy has an opportunity to grab some new clothing for her growing tummy from Platinum mall and guess how many tops she got? 13 altogether for less than S$90. Isn't that cheap? My loots from Platinum Mall are no lesser than Mummy. I had around 10 sets of pyjamas and a bath robe from Platinum Mall.

This will be the last night that we are staying in Bangkok and tonight we are going to try some seafood. We took 2 taxi to Somboon Seafood. The taxi driver which Pa Pa and Ah Gong took, told them that it will take 1 hr to reach Somboon. Ummm....but the taxi that we took reached the destination in less than 15 mins. Shortly after, Papa's taxi came along. *evil thoughts*


The seafood was fantastic as the rest claim though I didn't had much. Haha... The adults had big river prawns, sea bass, goose feet, fish maw soup,curry powder crab, vegetables etc and all for only S$100!

After a hearty dinner, all except me and mummy went for massage again!

13 November 2007

We are going back to Singapore this evening. The flight is at 6:50pm(bangkok time) so we still have half a day more to shop. Was supposed to go Grand Palace but Mummy thought it may better for me to stay in aircon place so we went back to Platinum Mall again. Didn't buy a lot of stuff today as Ah Ma and Mummy are almost "broke"! Haha.... Had a quick lunch at Platinum Mall food court and walked back to Hotel for last min packing! This time we took a mini van instead of taxis to airport as we had too many luggages which will not fit into 2 taxis. And all the luggages weigh 122kg which is 17kgs more. We have no choice but took out 2 luggages as hand carrys.




More Pics:http://maevenewpics.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b35ad8966596

No comments: