Monday, January 07, 2008

Rumah Tinggi "Warehouse"

Once a week, Papa, Mummy and I will have to go to Rumah Tinggi Ah Ma's house(aka Rumah Tinggi "Warehouse"). It used to be a clean and tidy place till 叔叔 & 婶婶 rented out their 4 room flat in Clementi for $1700 per month and shifted to stay with Tinggi Ah Ma.

Papa used to share the room with 叔叔 and Papa occupied the upper deck of the bed(cos Papa is more slim than 叔叔 so can climb up and down). But now, the bed has become a storage space for 婶婶(see picture below) and now when Papa need to rest in Tinggi Ah Ma' house, he has to sleep on the sofa. Poor Papa!



Underneath the bed, it's stocked with bags and bags of stuff and near the door too and 叔叔, 婶婶 and their 2 kids sleep on this thin mattress just infront of the cupboards.


When 姑姑 is not at home, my nap will be settled on this thin mattress(should be around 1") in 姑姑's room. If Mummy is tired, she will have to share the single size thin mattress with me and Mummy doesn't have a pillow and she will have use my bloster as the pillow after I slept. Poor Mummy! Now that she's preggie with 妹妹, sleeping on that thin mattress is giving her backache. *Sigh* If 姑姑 is at home, I will become a "ball" and ganna kicked to Tinggi's Ah Ma's room. In short, I do not have a definite place to nap, it depends on who is at home on the day I went to Rumah Tinggi "Warehouse".

This is the study room where Papa used to study and do his stuff but now it has bee hogged by 叔叔(physically) & 婶婶's "treasures". Mummy and Ah Ma told Tinggi Ah Ma that when 妹妹 is borned, Mummy will need a room to breastfeed 妹妹 and pump milk(can't ask Mummy to breastfeed 妹妹 in the living room rite?). Mummy and Ah Ma suggested the study room since 叔叔 & 婶婶 has already kicked Papa out of his room but Tinggi Ah Ma said 叔叔 needs to use the room. That's to say, NO ROOM for me and 妹妹, Mummy and Papa. Where is 妹妹, Papa & I going to nap? Where is Mummy going to breastfeed 妹妹? We will be 4 "balls" ganna kicked to wherever it's available on the day itself.



Reasons why Mummy doesn't like to go Rumah Tinggi "Warehouse"

1. The messy rooms is giving her headache.
2. Screams from Ah Boy Kor Kor which sounds like needle poking into your ears. Mummy scared it will injure my ear drums.
3. Ah Boy Kor Kor will beat me for no reason and damage things like broking the glass panel on the coffee table and making the fan topple over. Mummy is worried that if I'm around, I will be hurt by the toppled fan or glass pieces.
4. A house stocked up with lots of "treasures" is very prone to fire and if a fire is caught, I will be in danger.
5. A house stocked up with lots of "treasures" is also the best house for ants, cockroaches, lizards & mosquitos. I was bitten by the mosquitos in Rumah Tinggi "Warehouse" last saturday. *Ouch*
6. A thick mattress slept by Papa cannot be used by me and I got to settle on the thin mattress cos the thick mattress was used as a storage space.
7. No pillows for Mummy if she's tired and wish to nap. She has to "snatch" my bloster.
8. etc......

No comments: